Sunday, June 2, 2013

Installation of a nuvoH2O Water Treatment System

We've been in our new home a little over 2 years and decided it's time to do something about the hard water. I'm not sure what the hardness level is, but we've been getting buildup in the dishwasher, and on shower doors.

We had a water "softener" in our previous home and had it removed after a few years because of continued reliability problems, plus we were never happy with using salt to soften our water. We had the new home plumbed for a water softener, but hadn't decided yet what we wanted to use for water treatment.

After doing some research, I decided to install a system that uses chelation to remove the hardening agents. The system we chose was the nuvoH2O.

According to the nuvoH2O web site;
"The nuvoH2O Manor system uses revolutionary technology to lower the PH level of water based on the basic scientific process of chelation in which the metal ions causing hard water, principally calcium and magnesium, are bound to the chelating agent in nuvoH2O's FDA-approved, proprietary formulation, which keeps the minerals soluble and unable to cause hard water problems. The resulting water is soft and healthy for all of your household uses, including drinking, bathing, washing, and lawn and plant watering."

Although the web site advises that the system can be self-installed, I decided to hire my plumber to handle it. I'm glad I did. Their special tools and expertise made it an easier job than it would've been for me.

nuvoH2O system was placed next to the Navien tankless hotwater heater

PEX pipe was used for piping and a ProPEX Expander tool was useful in the installation

Completed installation
After we've used the nuvoH2O system a couple of months, I'll blog about what I think of it. I'll also show how the canister filter is removed and replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment